Midweek Geek Links for 6-19-2008
Posted on June 19, 2008 by Jared
It’s time for the weekly Geek Link explosion!
- Intel is looking at integrating DRAM into their CPU’s which could result in crazy processor speeds and efficiency.
- The New York Times has an interesting article about a 1930′s man, Paul Otlet, envisioning a network of “electric telescopes,” which basically describes what we think of as the Internet.
- Wine 1.0, which allows you to run Windows applications in Linux, was released this week. Wine has been in development and testing for the past 15 years.
- Electronista.com claims that 92 percent of developers are ignoring Vista. Personally, I’m not surprised.
- Last but not least, there’s a fun article over at WebUrbanist.com about some neat steampunk designs, mods, and inventions.